Appointment/Promotion of Faculties
I. What are the regulations for appointing faculties? ( person in charge: Ms. Mei-Yen Chen ext.2221)
(1) Faculties who apply for renewing the contract shall submit the application form in paper as well as in disk file.
(2) Appointment of faculties shall be passed by the three stages of Teacher Evaluation Committee before beginning the registration procedure.
(3) Part-time faculties who haven’t taught in YZU for more than five years shall be processed with the newly appointing procedure as they apply for part-time teaching again.
(4) During the application procedure of renewing contract for part-time faculties, the teaching questionnaires shall be submitted to the evaluation committee to be examined. If the teaching questionnaires can’t be submitted to the committee due to certain reasons, the chairman of department shall get to know the teacher’s teaching first and then write a report by specifying the details.
(5) Those faculties who have got teacher’s certificates of the same fields issued by the Ministry of Education can get approval through the chair of Teacher Evaluation Committee of School without being verified by outer examination.
(6) In the case that the resource of funds for appointing faculties comes from a plan’s budget and the position isn’t included in the school’s personnel quota, the department can refer to the appointment category and procedure passed by the committee on February 24th, 2005 to get president’s approval through official documents without being verified by the three stages of Teacher Evaluation Committee.
(7) Please specify the ‘source of personnel quota’ before appointing full-time faculties. Please submit relevant certificates and documents of the source of personnel quota for appointing faculties who don’t belong to the school’s organizational positions in order to have a good control of personnel quota.
(8) Those applicants who apply for teaching positions in YZU with foreign degrees shall submit the following documents to be processed in accordance with “Regulations Regarding the Assessment and Recognition of Foreign Academic Credentials for Institutions of Higher Education”:
(a) copies of diplomas of foreign degrees verified by the embassies of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
(b) copies of transcripts of foreign degrees verified by the embassies of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
(c) entry/exit record
(d) other documents (such as the school calendar)
(9) To transact the assessment and recognition of foreign academic credentials, the applicant shall submit the relevant documents listed of “YZU Verification Process of Foreign Degree Certificates” and the following documents:
(a) YZU Verification Process of Foreign Degree Certificates
(b) Table of Foreign Degree Verification for Teacher’s Qualification
(c) copies of diplomas of foreign degrees verified by the embassies of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
(d) copies of transcripts of foreign degrees verified by the embassies of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
(e) entry/exit record
(f) other documents (such as the school calendar)
(10) In order to fulfill essential verification effects, the professional works (including dissertation) of faculties shall be evaluated by outer scholars and experts. The professional works that are not dissertations shall be published during the last five years of the beginning contract period.
(11) To keep the fairness of evaluation procedure, the list of outer examiners shall be confidential and shall not be revealed. The comments of outer examiners and other documents shall be typed and submitted to the three stages of Teacher Evaluation Committee to be evaluated.
(12) New faculties with a doctoral degree who haven’t received the diploma (due to the issuing procedure of diplomas of their graduating school) at the time of registration can be appointed as lecturers for the time being. Those who got their doctoral degree diplomas by the end of the appointing semester can change their positions without being verified by outer examiners and to be appointed as assistant professors. Those who got their doctoral degree diplomas for more than one semester shall be verified again by the outer examiners as well as the three stages of Teacher Evaluation Committee.
(13) In addition to the research performance, the ability of teaching is very important as well for appointing new faculties. The transcripts of highest educational degree shall be included in the document s to be evaluated.
(14) The contract period for part-time faculties begins from September 1st and February 16th for fall and spring semester respectively. The changing of appointment shall be processed in accordance with the time schedule of each semester. Any case that misses the scheduled date shall begin the appointment from the next semester.
(15) Staffs who apply for teaching in YZU shall finish the application first before propose to be verified by the three stages of Teacher Evaluation Committee. “YZU Application Form for Full-time Staff to Part-time Teach in YZU” shall be enclosed after relevant documents during the proposing process.
(16) Part-time faculties who apply for teacher’s certificates shall refer to “YZU Regulations for Part-time Faculty Applying Teacher Certificate”. Faculties with proper qualifications shall process the outer examination of publications first. The publications shall be published in the last five years (since the beginning date of next semester from the application date) or shall be the dissertations.
(17) salaries, obligations and responsibilities of project visiting professors shall be processed in accordance with the cooperation agreements or the regulations of contracts passed by the Administrative Committee.
1.Registration of faculties (person in charge: Ms.Mei-Yen Chen ext.2221)
2. Data management of personnel data (person in charge: Mr. Tian-Shou Chen ext: 2039)
3. Issuing employment contract, receiving agreement letter of employment(person in charge: Ms. Mei-Yen Chen ext.2221)
4.applying for an e-mail account, applying for Faculty and Staff ID Cards: (person in charge: Ms. Wen-Ching Lin (ext: 2039))
5. Insurance, retirement and pension plan (person in charge: Ms Hui-Zhen Feng ext.2040)
II. What are the regulations for faculties to apply for leaving for lecturing, doing research or taking further study? (person in charge: Ms. Mei-Yen Chen ext.2221)
Faculties who apply for leaving for lecturing, doing research or taking further study shall refer to "YZU Regulations for Faculty Applying for Leaving for Lecturing, Doing Research or Taking Further Study”. Faculties with proper qualifications shall submit the following documents to the department: “YZU Application Form for Faculty Leaving for Lecturing, Doing Research or Taking Further Study”, proposal of lecturing, doing research or taking further study, one copy of the approval letter, invitation letter, and admission notice. All these documents shall get the department chairman’s approval as well as being verified by the three stages of Teacher Evaluation Committee.
III. What are the required documents for new faculties to submit to the school? (person in charge: Ms. Mei-Yen Chen ext.2221)
(1) 2 or 3 recommendation letters
(2) diploma of highest education degree (foreign degrees shall be verified first by the embassies of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs )
(3) Outer examination of publications (The department shall get the publications within five years to be verified by 2 or 3 scholars or specialists; in the case of appointment of higher teacher qualification, the publications shall be verified by 5 scholars or specialists. )
(4) Curriculum Vitae for Teaching Qualification Review
(5) a copy of Teacher’s Certificate
(6) YZU Reference Checking Records for New Faculty Members
(7) Other reference documents: such as service certificate or locally issued teacher’s certificate.
* Appointment of higher teacher qualification: It refers to the appointment of a faculty who doesn’t have a teacher’s certificate issued by the Ministry of Education and was verified for a higher teacher qualification (such as professor, associate professor). The verification is based on both the academic employment history and the publications within five years instead of verifying the equivalent educational degree.
IV. What are the schedules and regulations for faculties applying for promotion? (person in charge: Ms. Mei-Yen Chen ext.2221)
Faculties who apply for promotion shall submit the following documents to the department before the end of February or September of each year:
(1) Data form of faculties applying for promotion in seven copies
(2) Representative and reference publications for verification in seven copies
(3) Co-author certificate in seven copies (not for those who work independently)
(4) Statement regarding the relevance of representative publications and doctoral dissertation or representative publications of previous promotion
V. Can the lecturer of old educational system with proper qualifications of promotion apply for promoting to the position as an associate professor?
(person in charge: Ms. Mei-Yen Chen ext.2221)
Those who got the teacher’s certificate by the time the “Amendments of Statute Governing the Appointment of Educators” were announced (on March 21st, 1997) and continued teaching without interruption can apply for the promotion as an associate professor in accordance with current regulations of YZU. However, it is required for the applicant’s publications or dissertations to be verified by outer examiners in accordance with relevant regulations.
VI. What is the definition of ‘continue teaching without ceasing’ of previous answer? (person in charge: Ms. Mei-Yen Chen ext.2221)
It refers to the faculties who have been teaching continuously since March 21st, 1997 with contract of each semester and with the fact of teaching courses. Those faculties who have been approved for leaving with pay or leaving without pay can be regarded as continuous teaching without interruption. This rule can also be applied to the part-time faculties with contract of each semester and with the fact of teaching courses.
VII. What are the regulations for part-time faculties applying for the verification of teacher’s qualification? (person in charge: Ms. Mei-Yen Chen ext.2221)
(1) Part-time faculties who apply for the verification of teacher’s qualification shall have been teaching for two semesters at lest (not including the summer session) and the credits of teaching shall be more than twelve credits.
(2) Part-time faculties who apply for the verification of teacher’s qualification shall fill out the application form (the form can be downloaded from the website of Personnel Office) and submit the publications within five years to the department for the outer examination. The documents of teaching questionnaires shall be submitted for reference as well.
(3) Part-time faculties who apply for the verification of teacher’s qualification shall submit the application to the department (graduate school, General Education Center, Physical Education Office) by the end of February or September each year.
The free online css beautifier tool takes care of your dirty code and strips every unwanted