1. Is the dormitory bed-space guaranteed for all freshmen?
a. Priority is first given to freshmen whose household are not registered in Taoyuan City, followed by the distance between their household and YZU. Due to the limited space, bed-spaces are not guaranteed for all freshmen.
b. If the bed-spaces are insufficient to freshmen whose household are registered in Taoyuan City, it will be allocated by the Student Housing Service Section (SHSS) based on the distance between students’ household and YZU and whether it is convenient when travel to YZU.
2. What should freshmen who aren’t allocated bed-spaces do?
a. Apply for reserve bed-space from SHSS. Freshmen will be informed when vacancy is available, and can move in once the application is done and the accommodation bill is paid.
b. Check https://house.nfu.edu.tw/english/YZU to search for nearby accommodation.
3. Where can I find the introduction to student dormitories?
YZU homepage → Administration → Office of Student Affairs → Student Housing Service → Student Dormitories Introduction
元智大學 Yuan Ze University - 學務處 - FAQ (yzu.edu.tw)
4. Can sophomores or above continue to stay in the dorm?
Sophomores or above have to participate in the bed-space draw. For more information about the procedures and time of the draw, pay attention to the announcement by the Student Housing Service Section. The application for participating in the draw usually starts around March - April in the spring semester.
5. What are the dimensions of the mattress?
Length: 200~220 cm; Width: 96 cm
6. What are the criteria for the application for priority accommodation? How do I apply?
Aside from members of the Student Dormitory Committee, internet management staffs, and varsity team members. The following students can apply for priority accommodation:
1. Disabled students or students with special medical needs.
2. International students.
3. Students from low-income family.
4. Legitimate reasons students approved by the Office of Student Affairs
Application starts around March. Please check the latest announcement by the Student Housing Service Section on application for priority accommodation at: YZU main page → Administration → Office of Student Affairs → Student Housing Service → Forms Download
Download application form for priority accommodation
7. How much is accommodation fee for each semester?
The fee for Academic Year 2022 is as follows:
|Male Dorm #1||Female Dorm #1|
(Summer and winter term
breaks not included)
(Summer and winter term
8. Where is the Office of Student Housing Service Section located?
Section C on the 1st floor in the Male Dorm #1.
9. I have paid the NT$ 2,000 deposit. When can I get it back?
Paying the dormitory deposit means that students will stay in the dorm for the whole academic year (2 semesters). The deposit will only be returned after a student has been staying in the dorm for 1 academic year (two semesters) and has decided not to stay in the dorm anymore. Otherwise, the deposit will not be refunded. However, under circumstances such as graduation, suspension, transfer to another school, dropping-out, long-term off-campus internship, participating in exchange program, students may apply for a refund by bringing the receipt to the Student Housing Service Section.
10. Where can I report for broken facilities or equipment in the room or dormitory area?
Please report the problem to the front desk on the 1st floor of Male or Female Dorms, or from your portal →maintenance system
11. Does the dormitory impose internet curfew? If so, when?
|Dorm||1st Male, 1st Female Dorm||Male/Female Graduates Section|
12. When is hot water available for showers in the dorms?
18:00 - 00:00
Male Dorm #1
1st – 7th floor
Female Dorm #1
1st – 9th floor
Room No. ending with 13. e.g., 713
Any changes will be further announced.
13. How do I request a room change?
Room change requests generally are not accepted. Please inform the resident assistant on the floor of your room to solve any problem before the SHSS evaluates and make the final decision regarding your request.
14. My Student ID card is lost or malfunctioned, and I am unable to scan for the lift or the entrance to the dorm. What should I do?
You may borrow a temporary card from SHSS after signing a letter of consent and paying a deposit of NT$ 500. The deposit will be returned to you after the written consent and the card has been returned.
15. Due to some circumstances, I plan to move out of the dorm. How may I apply for dormitory withdrawal? Can I get any refund?
[Dormitory Withdrawal-Personal Reasons]
If you do not wish to stay in the dorm due to personal reasons except graduation, suspension, transfer to another school, dropping-out, long-term off-campus internship, participating in exchange program, etc., the paid deposit and accommodation fee would be non-refundable. You need to (1) Fill in and sign the voluntary dormitory withdrawal declaration form at SHSS (2) Return the key to the front desk and sign the check-out form in the front desk.
[Dormitory Withdrawal-Legitimate Reasons]
Students having legitimate reasons, such as graduation, suspension, transfer to another school, drop-out, long-term off-campus internship, or participating in an exchange program, may get a refund for the deposit and part of the accommodation fees. The amount of accommodation fees refunded is based on the formula set by the Ministry of Education.
The procedure for applying for a refund is as follows. (1) Fill in and sign the voluntary dormitory withdrawal declaration and accommodation fee refund forms at SHSS along with relevant documents and the receipt for deposit. (2) Return the key to the front desk in the dorm and sign the check-out form in the front desk.
16. Can I only live in a dormitory for one semester?
No! If you want to live in a dormitory, you must live in a dormitory for one academic year (two semester).
17. What is the address of the dorm room to receive mails and packages? Where can I retrieve it?
a. Dorm Address:
Chinese: 320 桃園市中壢區遠東路135號元智大學 男(女)生第x宿舍xxx 寢室。
English: Room XXX, Yuan Ze University Male (Female) Dorm X, 135 Yuan-Tung Road, Chung-Li District, Taoyuan City, 32003 Taiwan (R.O.C.)
b. Registered mails and packages are delivered to the post office in Building #1. You may pick up the mails there (Visit https://www.yzu.edu.tw/admin/ga/index.php/tw/2016-03-18-08-41-48 and enter the date to check if your mail has arrived.) Packages delivered by private carriers will be sent directly to the dormitory front desk. The teacher-in-residence will inform students to pick up their packages.
c. Ordinary mails will be distributed to the dormitory mailboxes by the front desk staff.
d. Mails without a room number will be gathered at the front desk to be identified.
18. When can a new graduate student apply for a bed-space?
Around the beginning of August every year. SHSS will announce the application date for dorm draw.
19. Do graduate students stay at the off-campus graduate dormitory?
No. Female graduate students live in Female Dorm #1 (4-bed room) and male graduate students live in Male Dorm #1 (4-bed room).
20. I am a new graduate student. May I apply for short-term accommodation during summer break before I successfully apply for a dorm bed-space?
Yes. You may apply for a short-term stay in the dorm during summer break at SHSS.
21. Important notice
(1) Appliances, such as microwave ovens and induction stove, are prohibited in the room.
(2) Pets are not allowed in the dorm.
(3) Smoking, noise-making, drugs and bringing anyone of the opposite sex into the dorm are also prohibited.
(4) Hair drying is not allowed in the room to prevent power tripping.
(5) Students are responsible for keeping the dorm rooms clean.
(6) There is no Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection available in the dorm rooms. A cable is needed for using the internet and can be purchased at the Family Mart in the dormitory area. Refer to the student handbook for internet setup in the dorm.
(7) The pre-paid card for air conditioners can be purchased at the Family Mart in the dormitory area.
(8) To get the keys during check-in or the form for checking-out, please go to the front desk on the 1st floor of 1st male or female dormitory.
(9) Any problems regarding the dormitory should be reported to the resident assistant on the corresponding floor and administrator at the front desk on the 1st floor of the dormitory.
22. When is the time for dorm room draw?
The dorm room draw will be hold in the Spring semester. Those who are selected can live in the dorm for a year after paying the NT$2,000 deposit and signing YZU Student Hosuing Agreement.